Director of Internal Audit
Publicly-Traded Medical Device Company
Leading electro-mechanical, global medical device company is looking for a new Director of Internal Audit to develop and manage annual internal audit objectives, risk management, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and processes. This person will report directly to the Audit Committee and interact with the full range of business units, including operations, IT, and legal, as well as liaising with external auditors.
- Research the marketplace, compiling an initial list of publicly traded companies to target. Focus on medical device manufacturers and parallel industries including similar-sized companies in other fields in the region.
- Identify CPA’s or CIA’s with 12+ years experience overseeing a risk management/internal audit function. Concentrate specifically on those with a track record of developing strategic roadmaps aligned with the goals of the business unit finance executives and operators as opposed to those who have worked exclusively on SOX compliance.
- Recruit candidates who began career with Big 4 or well-recognized, mid-size accounting firms and transitioned into “industry” after reaching Senior Associate or Manager.
- Distinguish candidates with extraordinary communication skills and capability of building and leading a team of Internal Auditors.
- Select candidates with superior follow-through and demonstrated success multi-tasking critical projects.
- Developed long list of local, qualified candidates in leading companies.
- Submitted candidates based on personality match with CFO and company culture fit.
- Evaluated top candidates quantitatively along customized criteria.
- Ranked top 8 candidates and presented detail report to our client.
- Candidate from list was offered the position and accepted.