Client: Publicly-Traded Enterprise Software Company
Title of Search: Vice-President, Marketing - Cloud Business Unit
The company had recently established a cloud computing business. As they build the organization, one of the first key hires is a Vice-President, Marketing with a diverse functional background in areas such as Integrated, Product, and Solutions marketing. They seek a leader to craft and expand the comprehensive marketing strategy and expand the company’s position as a leading vendor of cloud infrastructure.
- Develop a target list of competitors to include cutting-edge startups and Fortune 500 enterprise software companies with relevant cloud offerings.
- Identify candidates with 12+ years experience with domain expertise in areas such as middleware, enterprise application integration (EAI), virtualization and systems management. Focus on those who have led a global marketing function and track records of capturing market share in competitive B2B environments.
- Screen candidates thoroughly for culture fit and ability to work in a flat structure with limited resources. Make sure to source candidates with startup experience.
- Target Sr. Directors and VPs of Marketing with progressive global experience and track records of building out marketing teams for an emerging business.
- Screen candidates for those with the ability to lead large and diverse teams and those with superior communications skills.
- Successfully completed nation-wide list of companies and potential candidates in one week.
- Narrowed the list to those candidates who met requirements and displayed active interest in the position.
- Scored qualified and interested candidates using customized criteria.
- Selected and ranked top 8 candidates.
- Candidate from list was offered the position and accepted.