Senior Manager, Strategic Procurement
Case study 5
Title of Search
Fortune 500 Consumer Packaged Goods Company
The prior Senior Manager of Strategic Procurement had transitioned into another role within the organization, and the company seeks a replacement to forge a new approach to managing procurement expenditures in a way that takes advantage of new synergistic opportunities in the company’s configuration.
- Develop a target list of regional competitors and other major CPG companies with annual spend estimated in excess of $200MM.
- Identify candidates with over 10 years of experience in Strategic Procurement or parallel departments such as Materials Management, Supplier Management, or Supply Chain Management.
- Focus on those candidates with strong backgrounds in Six Sigma/Lean methodologies.
- Target Certified Purchasing Managers with an MBA and strong negotiation and management skills.
- Distinguish candidates proficient in business management systems such as MRP, DRP, SAP, etc.
- Screen candidates for those with demonstrated success acting as a change agent to develop and implement new processes and internal controls.
- Assembled comprehensive target list of over 100 procurement professionals at large CPG companies in the Western Region.
- Scored each top candidate according to three customized criteria.
- Identified and ranked 10 senior executives from large CPG companies who met or exceeded position requirements and were interested in transitioning into the role ASAP.
- Candidate from list was offered the position and accepted.